Imagine your refrigerator is stuffed with all kinds of items like pale food, fresh vegetables, rotten food, spoiled milk, cheese, butter, and an unpleasant smell. What a disgust it would be, isn’t it? The first thought that will cross your mind after witnessing such a sight will be ‘An immediate cleaning.’ We are so particular about what is happening in the outside world. We always want to keep everything organized, clean, and perfect. But, what about the clutter and grime that is stuck in your soul. Cleaning your Chakras will free your energy and attract positivity and abundance in life. Read the blog to explore how to clean your Chakras the right way.
To know about the warning signs of Chakra imbalance, check the PART 1 of this blog.
Step by Step Instructions to Clean Each of Your Chakras
1. Root Chakra (Muladhara Chakra):
This chakra is based on physical awareness and comfort. If this chakra is balanced, you feel stable and secure. There is no place for distrust, fear, or nervousness. Here are few tips on how to clean your chakra the right way:
- Sit in a relaxing position and imagine a bright red colored rose bud. Take deep breaths and visualize and feel the radiant energy coming out of it as each petal opens up. Do this for about 5 minutes twice a day.
- Chant the sound ‘LAM’ while relaxing and think about the positive effects this chakra can have on your life.
- Your food choices can impact your body energy and vibrations. Reducing levels of sugar, salt, saturated fats can balance the root chakra. Eat protein-rich food to ground and make yourself emotionally strong. Beet, garlic, and potatoes are good food choices because they grow in soil and are linked to earth foundation.
- Repeat positive affirmations multiple times a day to unblock your root chakra. For instance, ‘I am stable and relaxed at the moment’, ‘I feel secure and happy’, and ‘I am physically fit and mentally active.’
- Feel grounded and connect with the earth. You can walk barefoot on the ground or dig the soil to plant a few more saplings.
- Any physical activity walking or jogging strengthens the root chakra and gives the feeling of liveliness in the body.
Did you know: A pedicure could actually help you to free the energy.
2. Sacral Chakra (Svadhishthana Chakra):
This chakra is based on feelings of creativity and sexuality. It governs emotions, sensitivity, well being, and self-expression. Here are a few tips on how to clean your sacral chakra the right way:
- Sit in a relaxing position and chant the sound ‘VAM’ continuously for a few minutes
- Connect more with water to nourish your body and soul. For instance, drink a lot of water, add lemon or orange slices to your plain glass of water, or take a warm bath with some essential oils mixed in the water.
- Foods and fruits like potatoes, melon, mangoes, nuts, carrots, oranges, and citrus fruits help to balance and clean the sacral chakra.
- Do anything that makes you feel happy and satisfied. For instance, coloring, painting, sketching, crafting, dancing, or baking. Don’t stop yourself and let the creative juices flow
- Stretch your hips and try some yoga poses. You can even to squats to feel better.
- Repeat positive affirmations several times a day. For instance, ‘I am a strong and creative person’, ‘I am confident and I know to embrace change’, and many more.
3. Solar Plexus (Manipura Chakra)
This chakra represents confidence, self-esteem, will power, and dignity. Here are a few tips to balance your Solar Plexus chakra.
- Sit in a relaxing position, close your eyes, and enchant ‘RAM’ continuously for a few minutes.
- Sit cross-legged with the spine straight on the ground and focus all your attention on the upper abdomen and imagine a bright yellow light. Slowly concentrate all your energy and feel as if it going brighter and wider. Feel the area becoming warmer and relaxed. Stay in this focused position for 5 minutes.
- Reducing the intake of sugar and saturated fats can balance your Solar Plexus chakra. Eating yellow peppers, fibrous foods, brown rice, wholegrain cereals, corn, and chamomile tea is a good choice.
- Practice positive affirmations several times a day to boosts self-esteem by balancing the Solar Plexus chakra. For instance, ‘I have high self-esteem and I am worthy of everything’, and ‘I have full control of my life.’
- Stay away from critical and negative people
- Take a morning walk in the sunshine and spend more time-consuming vitamin D
- Release your anger through a vigorous exercise including kickboxing, punching, singing, dancing, or painting.
- Let go of all the unhealthy attachments like expectations, desires, fears, memories, beliefs, and ideals.
4. Heart Chakra (Anahata Chakra):
This chakra is associated with love, care, compassion, and endearment. Here are a few tips on how to clean your Chakras.
- Sit in a comfortable position, take deep breaths, and enchant the mantra ‘Om Mani Padme Hum’ to align all your energy with love.
- Practice positive affirmations like ‘I am open to love’, and ‘I love myself and others’.
- Decorate your home and workplace with green accents. Take a long walk in a garden or add some new plants to your workspace.
- Green food can heal your heart chakra. Eat food items like broccoli, green apples, cucumber, or green leafy vegetables.
- You can event enchant ‘YAM’ to open yourself to unconditional love and compassion.
- Recite positive affirmations like ‘I am open to love and acceptance’ and ‘I live in a state of happiness and grace’.
5. Throat Chakra (Vishuddha Chakra):
This chakra is associated with self-expression and communication. Here are a few tips to clean and balance your Throat Chakra.
- Practice journal writing for atleast 5 to 10 minutes a day
- Repeat positive affirmations like ‘I feel comfortable in expressing my thoughts’ or ‘I am realizing all the negativity and fear that are blocking me.’
- Singing is an awesome way to clean your Throat Chakra. Sing as much as possible even in the shower.
- Allow yourself to express your feelings and ideas
- Gargle with salt water and practice breathing exercises
6. Eye Chakra (Ajna Chakra):
This chakra is associated with conscience, vision, memory, intuition, and imagination. Here are a few tips to clean your eye chakra.
- Sit comfortably and take deep breaths. Focus all your attention in the middle of the forehead. Continue breathing slowly until you imagine a purple ball growing bigger and wider. Feel as if you are absorbing the energy.
- Eat fruits, healthy fats, vegetables, wholegrain foods to promote openness in the chakra. Include eating dark chocolate and foods rich in Omega 3
- Practice positive affirmations like ‘I have unlimited possibilities’ or ‘I trust the guidance and I am ready to serve my purpose.’
- Gaze into the night sky transcend the cage of thought
- Balance and clean your Eye chakra by trying out some yoga poses
7. Crown Chakra (Sahastrara Chakra):
This chakra is associated with spiritual awareness. Here are a few tips on how to clean your Chakras.
- Sit on a chair straight with feet touching the ground. Close your eyes and breathe deeply. Visualize a lotus bed at the top of your head. Continue breathing till you feel the lotus petals are opening and getting bigger. Let the warmth of the light spread throughout the body. Open your eyes and sit quietly for a few minutes.
- Include fresh and organic vegetables, ginger, eggplants, red grapes, hearty broths, and brown bread in your diet.
- Practice positive affirmations like ‘I am happy and confident’ or ‘I am open to divine guidance’
- Spend some time in the sunshine to free your energy
How to Clean Your Chakras: Music to Free Your Energy
The aim of spiritual practices is to maintain a balance between body, spirit, earth, and health. The seven Chakras are the organizational centers for assimilation, reception, and transmission of energy. Our chakras govern all areas of life including relationships, love, career, self-esteem, emotional balance, and spirituality. When all the seven Chakras are aligned there is a free flow of energy and you start living a life you had always dreamt off. Let us know in the comments what is your say.
Aditi is a passionate blogger and content marketer who loves to pen down her thoughts and experiences. With more than 3 years of experience in content, she can write about vivid domains including entertainment, health, fashion, food, lifestyle, technology, travel. She is also a tech-savvy girl who loves to explore new technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, IoT, Big Data, and ERP.