‘Glowing skin is a result of proper skincare. It means to wear less makeup and let the skin through’- Michel Coulombe. Are you pissed off using face products packed with chemicals that promise a clear and glowing skin? Relax! Here is a rescue. We have jotted down a list of natural fruit mask for glowing skin.
Want to know the secret of a young and glowing skin? Using natural ingredients on the face is the secret behind the glow of the skin. Fruits are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that not only keeps you healthy from inside but are also known for their numerous skin benefits.
Top 6 DIY Fruit Mask for Glowing Skin
1. Banana Face Pack for Healthy and Glowing Skin
The secret behind a glowing and well-nourished skin is banana. The presence of vitamin A in bananas repairs dry and damaged skin and restores moisture. It is also loaded with vitamin B6, C, potassium, and silica that is good for the elasticity of the skin. The nutrients in bananas reduce hyperpigmentation and protect the skin from sun damage. In addition, the antioxidants in bananas fight free radicals in the body and whiten the skin tone. It also controls the excess production of oil and sebum.
Steps to Prepare Banana Fruit Mask for Glowing Skin
- Mash one banana and mix half teaspoon of honey in it
- Add the juice of one lemon and mix well
- Apply the fruit pack evenly on the face
- Let is dry for the next 20 to 30 minutes
- Clean your face with normal water
Tip: Don’t use lemon juice if you have a dry or sensitive skin
2. Cucumber Face Pack for Hydrating Skin
Cucumber has magical powers for irritated and acne-prone skin. It soothes skin, reduces redness, minimizes puffiness, and combats signs of aging. Cumber is loaded with therapeutic, anti-inflammatory, and rejuvenating properties that make it a good choice to rejuvenate dull and dry skin. Cucumber contains 96% of water which soothes the skin and prevents itching. In addition, it minimizes wrinkles and brightens the skin.
Steps to Prepare Cucumber Pack for Glowing Skin
- Peel and blend a cucumber to make a consistent puree
- Add half cup of milk and one tablespoon of brown sugar
- Mix one tablespoon of honey and apply the mask on the skin evenly
- Wait for 20 to 30 minutes and rinse off with water
3. Mango Fruit Mask for Glowing Skin
Mangoes are rich in antioxidants that keep the skin nourished and moisturized. The presence of magnesium in mango prevents acne breakouts. It is also packed with vitamin C and beta-carotene that fights free radicals and keeps the skin healthy from inside out.
Steps to Prepare Mango Fruit Pack
- Blend one mango and add 3 tablespoons of Fullers Earth (Multani Mitti)
- Add one tablespoon of yogurt and mix well to form a thick consistency
- Clean your face with normal water and pat dry
- Apply the prepared pack evenly on the skin
- Wait for 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing your face with normal water
Also Read: BEST SKINCARE ROUTINE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES
4. Orange Peel Pack for Bright Skin
Orange fruit pack is one of the best choices for people having oily skin. It prevents acne breakouts. It is an excellent source of vitamin C and other antioxidants that make it a great choice for glowing and clear skin. Orange neutralizes the free radicals in the body and protects the skin from several damages. It boosts the production of collagen, a type of protein that keeps the skin young and plump. In addition, vitamin A increases the blood flow to the skin surface making the skin look brighter and glowing.
Steps to Prepare Orange Fruit Mask for Glowing Skin:
- Blend some papaya cubes and add orange juice to it.
- Mix well and apply on the face for 30 minutes
- Wash your face freshwater
- Also, you can dry orange peels and blend them to form a powder. Use this powder with water, curd, milk or honey for a new pack daily
5. Papaya Fruit Mask for Glowing Skin
Whether you are having skin pigmentation or the scars of acne are still there, papaya is an excellent rescue for all types of skin problems. It contains an enzyme known as papain that exfoliated dead skin cells, improves skin tone, and hydrates the skin. It reduces premature aging and soothes acne-prone skin. In addition, it minimizes scars and blemishes and makes the skin look glowing and nourished.
Steps to Prepare Papaya Face Mask for a Brighter Skin
- Blend a piece of papaya to make a smooth paste
- Mix one teaspoon of honey to form a thick consistency
- Apply the papaya mask evenly on the face
- Rinse it off with cold water after 20 to 30 minutes
6. Tomato Face Mask for Glowing Skin
You can never forget to mention tomatoes when talking about a good skincare regime. It has high contents of vitamin C and potassium that helps in restoring the glow of the skin. It also contains lycopene, an antioxidant that fights free radicals in the body and prevents the skin from damage. In addition, it reduces tan and brightens the skin.
Steps to Prepare Tomato Face Pack for Clear Skin
- Blend one to two tomatoes to form a pulpy consistency
- Mix one tablespoon of each Oatmeal and yogurt
- Apply it evenly on your face and neck
- Let it rest for 20 minutes before rinsing with water
Tip: Don’t use yogurt if you have sensitive skin
A homemade fruit mask is a secret behind glowing and flawless skin. The natural ingredients make the mask 100% safe for use and can do wonders for your skin. Pulps of fresh fruits can help prevent skin problems like pigmentation, blemishes, acne scars, and many more. Let us know in the comments which face mask you are going to try.
Aditi is a passionate blogger and content marketer who loves to pen down her thoughts and experiences. With more than 3 years of experience in content, she can write about vivid domains including entertainment, health, fashion, food, lifestyle, technology, travel. She is also a tech-savvy girl who loves to explore new technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, IoT, Big Data, and ERP.