Delectable, delightful, and mouth-watering, here we are talking about the recipe of this week; Dahi Ke Kabab, easy snack recipes to try in this quarantine. Eating the same food daily can be a bit boring especially when you are all day at home. So, try out this palatable recipe of Dahi Ke Kabab and add some extra spice in your life.
Dahi Ke Kabab is one of the most popular vegetarian snacks in northern India. It is a deep-fried patty that is prepared using a mix of hung curd, paneer, and other Indian spices. The innovative addition of golden onions gives it a toothsome flavor and irresistible crunch. It has a crispy cover with a mouth melting interior texture. You can either serve it as a party starter or an appetizer. The richness in taste and texture makes it a popular choice for special occasions and festivals.
Apart from this, some other easy snack recipes include Fried Idli, Paneer Bridge Roll, Veg Momos, and more.
Easy Snack Recipes to Make Dahi Ke Kabab
- Hung Curd (Chakka Dahi): 250gm
- Roasted Gram Flour: ½ cup
- Roasted Cumin Powder: 1 tablespoon
- Shredded Paneer: 1 cup
- Shredded Cheese: ½ cup
- Bread crumbs: Made of 4 to 5 bread slices
- Onion: 1 medium-sized
- Green Chilies: 3 to 4
- One-inch Ginger root
- Black Pepper
- Chili Powder
How to Make Hung Curd (Chakka Dahi)
- Put a thin muslin/cotton cloth over a strainer/sieve
- Pour fresh curd over the cloth. Make sure it is a bit thick and not watery. Additionally, the curd should not be sour
- Bring the edges of the muslin cloth together and tie one edge tightly around the rest edges.
- Either hang the muslin cloth on a hook and keep a bowl under it to collect the whey or keep it in the refrigerator directly
- After 1 to 2 hours, keep the cloth in the refrigerator
- Leave it for 10 to 12 hours
- The next day, you can open the muslin cloth to take off the hung curd. It will be thick and creamy inconsistency.
Preparation to Make Dahi Ke Kabab: Easy Snack Recipes
- Add hung curd in a bowl
- Add salt, black salt, roasted cumin powder, and black pepper as per your taste
- Mix finely chopped onions, ginger, and green chilies in the batter
- Stir it well to ensure all ingredients are mixed well
- Add shredded paneer and grated cheese in the batter.
- Add roasted gram flour (besan) to bind the batter
- Mix it well to form a consistent paste
Steps to Make Dahi Ke Kabab
- Put the bread crumbs on a large plate
- Take small portions of the batter and roll it in between your hand to give it a proper shape
- Be careful as the paste will be of light consistency
- Flatten it a bit with your hand and place it on the breadcrumbs
- Roll/toss it over the breadcrumbs and make sure the Kabab is fully covered with it
- Heat some oil in a pan and deep fry the prepared Kababs.
- Keep frying on a medium flame until they turn golden brown and crisp
- Garnish it with fresh mint leaves and coriander leaves
- Serve it hot with Green Chili Chutney or Tomato Sauce
Let’s Wrap it Up!
There is a famous Irish proverb that ‘laughter is the brightest where the food is best.’ Try out this delectable Dahi Ke Kabab recipe and surprise your family. One single bite and the mouth-melting taste of this dish will bring a smile on every face. Let us know in the comments if you have any other variations of this recipe. You can even share your food picture on our Facebook page.
Aditi is a passionate blogger and content marketer who loves to pen down her thoughts and experiences. With more than 3 years of experience in content, she can write about vivid domains including entertainment, health, fashion, food, lifestyle, technology, travel. She is also a tech-savvy girl who loves to explore new technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, IoT, Big Data, and ERP.