‘The glory of gardening: head in the sun, hands in the dirt, and heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed the body and soul.’ Gardening is one of the best things you can do to heal your mind and soul. It can be more than a hobby. So, why not plant some herbs that are known for medicinal properties. Read this blog to explore some of the best medicinal plants to grow at home. From healing skin rashes to improving digestion, these herbs can help you keep your family healthy and fit.
6 Best Medicinal Plants to Grow in Your Garden
1. Aloe Vera to Grow at Home
Aloe Vera has a succulent long history of being used for medicinal purposes. It is safe to use and you can easily grow it at home. Aloe Vera promotes the health and well-being of a person. From healing skin infections and burns to enhancing digestive health and promoting oral health, Aloe Vera gel can be used to treat thousands of medicinal issues.
Here are some benefits of growing Aloe Vera:
- Reduce the risk of infections for burns wounds, cuts, and burns
- Reduces the severity of (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) GERD
- Provides instant relief from bleeding or swollen gums
- Provides instant relief from constipation
- It treats canker sores and prevents wrinkles
2. Curry Leaves to Grow at Home
This is one of the best medicinal plants to grow at home. Curry leaves or sweet neem is a popular herb in India known for its aroma and striking taste. Curry leaves are rich in vitamins A, B, C, and B2 and are a good source of calcium and iron.
Here are some benefits of growing Curry leaves:
- Promotes weight loss and regulates blood sugar levels
- Prevents the body from infections and boosts heart health
- Improves eyesight and treats other eye-related problems
- Improves digestion process and promotes dental care
- Controls the blood sugar levels and prevents anemia
3. Tulsi to Grow at Home
Tulsi is one of the best medicinal plants that is widely used in the making of Ayurvedic and Naturopathic medicines. It is known for its anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties that promote well-being. Rich in vitamin C and zinc, it is a natural immunity booster. It reduces stress and is a good choice for skin and hair.
Here are some benefits of growing Tulsi:
- Prevents hair fall and clears dandruff
- Increases metabolism and strengthens the digestive system
- Promotes weight loss and reduces anxiety disorders
- Cures skin infections and prevents acne
- Reduces eye strain and prevents premature aging
- Treats asthma and prevents heart problems
4. Ajwain to Grow at Home
Carom seed or Ajwain is a herb that is popularly used in Indian cuisine. Carom seeds are rich in vitamins, fiber, antioxidants, and other minerals. From giving instant relief from stomach ache to providing relief from asthma, Ajwain leaves are used to make varied syrups and medicines.
Here are some benefits of growing Ajwain:
- Treats cold and cough
- Aids in digestion and gives instant relief from acidity
- Provides instant relief from ear and toothache
- It is a wonderful mosquito repellent
- Lightens acne scars
- Reduces the pain due to Arthritis
- Fights fungal infection and improves cholesterol levels
5. Coriander Leaves to Grow at Home
This is one of the best medicinal plants to grow at home. Rich in vitamin C, K, potassium, calcium, niacin, carotene, and thiamin, Coriander leaves are a great choice to maintain the overall health of the body. From treating Alzheimer’s disease to curing mouth ulcers, coriander leaves can be used for a variety of medicinal purposes.
Here are some benefits of growing Coriander:
- Reduces constipation and eases stomach ache
- Controls blood sugar levels and prevents cellular damage
- Boosts heart health and protects brain health
- Aids digestion and promotes gut health
- Treats mild rashes like dermatitis
- Improves eye-sight and cures liver problems
6. Mint to Grow at Home
From keeping your breath fresh for a long time to boosts digestion, Mint is one of the best medicinal plants to treat health problems. It is a widely known herb for its cooling sensation and can be used in preparing daily food items.
Here are some benefits of growing Mint:
- Improves digestion and promotes oral health care
- Reduces weight loss and eases symptoms of morning sickness
- Reduces stress and increases brain power
- Treats allergies and improves irritable bowel system
Prevents cold and cough
Also Read: MAKE YOUR OWN SMALL ORGANIC KITCHEN GARDEN
‘Gardening adds years to your life and life to your years.’ It has been an age-old practice to grow plants at home for medicinal purposes. People nowadays are realizing the immense potential of herbs to treat various health ailments. Some of these herbs can even be used for flavoring and garnishing dishes. All these herbs are easy to grow and will give good results in a short span of time.
Aditi is a passionate blogger and content marketer who loves to pen down her thoughts and experiences. With more than 3 years of experience in content, she can write about vivid domains including entertainment, health, fashion, food, lifestyle, technology, travel. She is also a tech-savvy girl who loves to explore new technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, IoT, Big Data, and ERP.