Do you want to know the real secret of clear and radiant skin? If you think it is some sought of skin treatment, chemicals, or beauty products then you might be wrong. Along with a proper skincare routine, what you eat and drink also matters a lot. It will not be wrong to say your skin reflects your lifestyle choices. Your food choices and a proper skincare regime can help you to get smooth, supple, clear, and nourished skin. Here we have jotted down some of the best fruits for clear skin. Dive in to discover how you can use certain fruits.
6 Best Fruits for Clear Skin: Eat Your Way for Healthy and Glowing Skin
1. Increase Intake of Vitamin C: Oranges & Kiwi
Vitamin C is known for its powerful antioxidant properties that strengthen the immune system, heal blemishes, and promote radiant and clear skin. It produces collagen which is good for the skin. Some of the best fruits rich in vitamin C include guava, kiwi, papaya, blueberries, oranges, sweet potatoes, and strawberries.
2. King of Fruits: Mangoes
One of the best fruits for radiant and glowing skin is mango, a wonder fruit for skincare. It has the presence of polyphenolics, beta-carotene, flavonoids, and vitamins that makes it a great choice for radiant and clear skin. The anti-inflammatory properties present in mango prevent the skin from any sought of DNA damage. Additionally, Mango is also used in many cosmetic products because of its healing properties. Here is how you can use mangoes for your skincare routine:
- Eat this fruit on a regular basis. You can even gulp it in the form of a shake. In fact, having a glass of Mango shake is a complete delight in the hot summers.
- You can even apply mango pulp as a face pack. Apply it all over your face and neck for 10 minutes and rinse it off with water
- For dry skin: Mix yogurt and honey
- For oily skin: Mix lemon juice and rose water
3. The Flavor of the Season: Watermelons
The abundance of properties of watermelon makes it one of the best fruits for clear skin. It is especially an ideal choice for people who have sensitive or acne-prone skin. Watermelon has almost 92% of water which makes it a perfect choice to flush out the harmful toxins from the skin. It is power-packed with vitamins A, C, B1, and B6, and contains flavonoids and carotenoids. In addition, it contains lycopene that eliminates free radicals and prevents skin damage. Here is how you can extract the maximum benefits of watermelon.
- You can eat chilled watermelon as a morning or evening snack
- Drink watermelon juice on a regular basis
- Add watermelon chunks to your puddings or desserts
- Apply its pulp evenly on your skin for 5 to 10 minutes to get a fresh glow
4. Papaya for Perfect and Clear Skin
This is one of the best fruits for clear skin that must be included in your diet chart. It is power-packed with vitamins like A, B, and C and minerals like potassium, magnesium, and copper. Its antibacterial and antifungal properties help in curing skin infections, warts, and skin ulcers. Here is how you can use papaya in your skincare regime.
- Eat this mushy fruit on a regular basis or try to include it in your shakes or smoothies
- Apply papaya pulp on your face and wash it off after 10 minutes
- For oily skin, add a mix of papaya pulp and almond oil
5. Almonds and Sunflower Seeds from Sun Protection
Sunflower seeds and almonds contain ample amounts of vitamin E which makes it an ideal choice for glowing skin. It has the presence of antioxidants that protects the skin from harmful UV rays and free radicals. Additionally, they keep the skin hydrated and nourished. All you need to do is eat atleast two tablespoons of sunflower seeds on a daily basis and a handful of almonds each day.
6. Pomegranate for Younger Looking Skin
Pomegranate has the presence of polyphenols that fight against free radicals and increase the blood flow in the skin. Drinking pomegranate juice on a daily basis can do wonders for your skin. It can heal the freckles and give your skin a glowing look. Additionally, it prevents skin damages that are caused by harmful UV rays. It encourages cell growth, diminishes wrinkles, and breaks down collagen for younger-looking and radiant skin.
Having clear and radiant skin is a sign that you have a healthy mind and body. Eating the right kind of fruits will not only give you a healthy dose of nutrition but also a clear and glowing skin. You can even use these fruits to prepare your homemade face packs. Just include these few healthy habits in your routine and give an extra edge to your skin.
Aditi is a passionate blogger and content marketer who loves to pen down her thoughts and experiences. With more than 3 years of experience in content, she can write about vivid domains including entertainment, health, fashion, food, lifestyle, technology, travel. She is also a tech-savvy girl who loves to explore new technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, IoT, Big Data, and ERP.