Do you ever feel disconnected from life? Do you know the reason why something doesn’t go the right way even if you worked hard? Is the fear of loneliness and rejection a part of your daily life now? Do you feel stuck in life? Are you not recovering from your physical ailments? If yes, then maybe you need to balance your chakras. Read the blog post to know about the 7 chakras in the body and how they can affect your well being. Also, read the warning signs for chakras imbalance.
What are Chakras and Chakras Imbalance: All You Need to Know
The word Chakra is derived from Sanskrit which means a ‘wheel’ or ‘disc’. It is a spiritual energy center in the human body. In simple words, they are spinning wheels of energy and light. This energy is also known as Prana, the vital life force that plays a key role in keeping you healthy, mentally fit, vibrant, and alive. There are seven main chakras in the human body that contain our emotional, psychological, and spiritual states of being. If there is a blockage in any of the chakras, then energy is unable to freely flow throughout the body. Chakras imbalance creates stagnant energy over time which then manifests in both physical and emotional imbalances. The balance of these energy centers will lead to good health and well being.
7 Energy Chakras for Physical and Mental Well Being
1. Root Chakra (Muladhara Chakra):
This energy chakra is located at the base of the spine between the genitals and anus. It represents stability, confidence, energy, balance, independence, and power. It governs family ties and feelings of belongingness and survival. The root chakra is the foundation of feeling safe and secure. When your root chakra is balanced, you feel grounded and there is a sense of safety and connection to the physical world.
- Element: Earth
- Color: Red
2. Sacral Chakra (Svadhishthana Chakra):
This energy chakra is located at the lower abdomen, below the navel. It represents the need for creativity, desire, satisfaction, compassion, self-worth, and positivity. When your Sacral chakra is balanced, you don’t fear to take risks. You feel positive, creative, and receptive to change.
- Element: Water
- Color: Orange
3. Solar Plexus (Manipura Chakra):
This chakra is located above the navel. It is characterized by emotions like anger, ego, and aggression. It represents energy, positivity, confidence, and focus. When this chakra is balanced you feel confident and assertive. There is a feeling of self-respect and self-compassion.
- Element: Fire
- Color: Yellow
4. Heart Chakra (Anahata Chakra):
This energy chakra is located at the heart. It is characterized by emotions of attachment, love, compassion, and trust. It represents the feeling of optimism, friendliness, care, concern, and understanding. This chakra has the power to heal your past wounds and form healthy relationships in life. When this chakra is balanced, you are always happy and joyful. Your soul is filled with feelings of gratitude, love, and forgiveness.
- Element: Air
- Color: Green
5. Throat Chakra (Vishuddha Chakra):
This energy chakra is located at the base of your throat. It represents expression, communication, faith, inspiration, and motivation. It fosters positive self-expression, creativity, and satisfaction. The energy balance in this chakra helps you to communicate your emotions in healthy ways. When this chakra is balanced, people have a free flow of communication and expression. People with balanced Throat chakra are good listeners.
- Element: Space
- Color: Bright blue
6. Eye Chakra (Ajna Chakra):
This energy chakra is located between the eyebrows. It focusses on concentration and awareness. It leads to the path of liberation and intuitional knowledge. This energy chakra represents intelligence, understanding, self-knowledge. It opens your mind to the bigger picture and to see different perspectives. When this chakra is balanced, you feel more clear, determined, and focussed. You know the difference between reality and illusion. People with balanced Eye chakra are open to receive wisdom and insight. It frees you from fear of death and attachment.
- Element: No
- Color: Indigo blue
7. Crown Chakra (Sahastrara Chakra):
This energy chakra is located at the crown of the head. It is the center of energy, spirituality, and enlightenment. It represents satisfaction, a spark of joy, cosmic consciousness, and wisdom. It helps you understand who you are and what you want from life. When this chakra is balanced, you start living in the present moment. You feel free no matter what your situation is.
- Element: No
- Color: Violet/white
Warning Signs for Chakras Imbalance
1. Signs your Root Chakra is imbalanced:
- Problems in legs, feet, tailbone, immune system, and prostate gland
- People also develop eating disorders, knee pain, degenerative arthritis, constipation, and sciatica
- Emotional imbalances is a warning sign that you need to work on this chakra
- You feel stuck and unsettled in life
- You are grounded with the feeling of insecurity
2. Signs your Sacral Chakra is imbalanced:
- You suffer from urinary problems, kidney problems, reproductive issues, and pain in pelvic and lower back
- You are always surrounded by the fear of betrayal and addictions.
- There is a loss of creativity and imagination
- You always have a fear of commitment especially in relationships
3. Signs your Solar Plexus Chakra is imbalanced:
- You suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, stomach ulcers, liver dysfunction, digestive problems, and gallbladder issues.
- You always have issues with personal power and self-esteem.
- You are always surrounded by fear of rejection, physical appearance, or criticism.
4. Signs your Heart Chakra is imbalanced:
- You may suffer from upper back and shoulder problems, pain in arm or wrist, diseases like asthma, kidney issues, or liver problems.
- You could feel emotional imbalances like fear of loneliness, suffocation, anger, bitterness, abandonment, and jealousy.
5. Signs your Throat Chakra is imbalanced:
- You may suffer from a sore throat, ear infections, neck and shoulder pain, ulcers, facial problems, and thyroid issues.
- You may have emotional imbalances including issues of self-expression, being out of control, or no will power.
6. Signs your Eye Chakra is imbalanced:
- You may suffer from frequent headaches, hearing loss, blurred vision, eye strain, sinus issues, or seizures.
- You may have emotional imbalances including the problem of daydreaming, learning from your own fears, and mood swings.
7. Signs your Crown Chakra is imbalanced:
- You may suffer from depression, issues of learning something, and sensitivity to light and sound.
- You may have emotional imbalances like constant confusion, fear of alienation, and issues with self-knowledge and beliefs.
If you have been feeling that nothing right is happening in your life and you feel emotionally weak, then maybe one of your energy chakras is blocked. Chakras imbalance can cause stress in your life. Understanding the energy centers in our body and unblocking them will help us to lead a healthier and satisfying life. Read PART 2 of this block and learn how you can unblock your energy chakra all by yourself.
Suggestive Readings: Book of Chakras
Aditi is a passionate blogger and content marketer who loves to pen down her thoughts and experiences. With more than 3 years of experience in content, she can write about vivid domains including entertainment, health, fashion, food, lifestyle, technology, travel. She is also a tech-savvy girl who loves to explore new technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, IoT, Big Data, and ERP.