COVID 19 has taught us that life is unpredictable, no matter how many plans you make, life has its own plans. No one ever thought that the entire world will slow down and passing each second would become difficult. No doubt this quarantine has given us plenty of time to rediscover and focus on oneself but now boredom has also become inevitable. The best way to beat boredom is to do something unusual. It will break the monotony and challenge you to try something new and interesting. Check out the blog to explore 40 fun, weird, productive, and creative things to do when you are bored.
List of 40 Creative and Productive Things to Do When You are Bored
- Create a scrapbook with all your latest photographs.
- Make your own short movie or video, maybe of the latest family function or travel trip. You can use Canva to create one.
- Paint your heart out. Use crayons, poster colors, sketch pens, or Acrylic colors to make anything that comforts your soul or just write your favorite quote in multiple colors.
- Browse amazing online websites including Myntra, Amazon, Craftsvilla, Nyka, and add some good stuff in your wishlist.
- Spend some hours in creativity and create your own journal. Two pages each day will be enough to pass the time and relax.
- Solve sudoku in the newspaper. A good exercise for the brain and a perfect solution for a boring day.
- Try out a new recipe. Add your own unique taste in it and share it with others too.
- Spend some time peeping into the old albums and relish the awesome memories.
- Watch your favorite movies of all time. Maybe you get some unique idea of doing something interesting.
- Play a new instrument no matter you know it or not.
- Choose a new hobby maybe knitting, painting, or embroidery.
- Create your own personalized playlist and add songs of every emotion.
- Try to write a short story maybe a funny one or a thriller plot.
- Make your travel bucket list and plan to explore every corner of the world.
- Watch some stand-up comedy and laugh to tears.
- Make your vision board and pen down every small thing you want in life.
- Get ready for your own photoshoot. Wear matching accessories and footwear and feel like a queen.
- Make your future financial plans. Make a note where you want to invest your money.
- Try out power yoga to distract your mind from boredom.
- Install some good mind games from the play store.
- Learn and explore some new hacks maybe easy ways to peel garlic or clean stains on cloth.
- Turn your room into a comfortable oasis. Set the right temperature, put on the right lights, and create a peaceful aura to relax and chill.
- Take a nice bubble bath and pamper yourself. Try a new face pack or try some nail art.
- Plan your next day routine and chalk out your short term goals.
- Make your own personalized dresses with old clothes. Maybe, you can turn your jeans into shorts or make an embroidered bag with your old jeans.
- Involve yourself in astrology and tarot card reading. Trust me, it is one of the most interesting things to do when you are bored.
- Write a letter to someone you love or care for. Use colorful pens, paper, glitters, etc. to make it look for visually appealing.
- Organize your cupboard and keep everything separately neatly.
- Moving out of the house just for half an hour will uplift your mood. You can go to the nearest supermarket to buy some new delicacies or snacks.
- One of the most interesting things to do when you are bored is planning a skin care regimen.
- Create a gratitude list and appreciate all the blessings in disguise.
- One of the fantastic mood elevator and one of the best things to do when you are bored is dance like there is no tomorrow.
- Go for a makeover, maybe, change your hairstyle or your dressing sense.
- Try to edit old photographs by changing the contrast or adding brightness.
- Prepare an invitation card for any upcoming special occasion.
- Prepare a new drink of different flavors and enjoy it by watching your favorite cartoon series.
- Learn a new language for free and then test it on others.
- Try some wall art or change up your room decor. It is one of the best things to do when you are bored.
- Talk to your best friend. Trust me, it helps to fight boredom.
- Simply, lie down, close your eyes, relax, and do nothing. Sometimes our body needs rest and to sleep is one of the best things to do when you are bored.
Life is unpredictable, we plan something and get something else, so we should always be ready for the change. Right now, in this situation, it is essential for all of us to stay indoors and protect ourselves and our family. But, during this time getting bored easily is obvious. Maybe, these fun and productive things will you eliminate boredom. Let us know in the comments if you have any other ideas to beat boredom.
Aditi is a passionate blogger and content marketer who loves to pen down her thoughts and experiences. With more than 3 years of experience in content, she can write about vivid domains including entertainment, health, fashion, food, lifestyle, technology, travel. She is also a tech-savvy girl who loves to explore new technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, IoT, Big Data, and ERP.